Sunday 28 February 2016

They Say Blogs Make Money!

28-02-2016

So lately on FaceBook there has been this post running around, at least in my group of folks anyway, about how easy it is to make over 10K per month from home writing blogs.  Now I have got to admit that I do make a few cents in some months from the blogs I have done but 10K … not there yet!
It’s kind of a misleading statement isn’t it?  Then again, I guess most things on the internet are these days.  How tragic is that?  We have this fantastic way to communicate around the world and share our collective knowledge but we share cat videos, hate speeches and prank style bad ideas.  Why is that I wonder?
Back to these blogs making a boat load of money every month, what blogs are they talking about I wonder?  I’m betting it’s those cat pictures again!  Which says to me that, on one level at least, humanity isn’t completely lost forever.  Cat pic’s suggest that people are looking for something cute or funny to improve their day and share, like I said above, to improve the day for others.  That speaks to kindness, I like that.
What about what folks are looking at the rest of the time.  All that hate in religion, politics, policing, the military, GMOs … the list seems almost endless.  Sadly, those are probably the blogs making all that money.  Seven million ads along the sides, pop-ups everywhere delaying the loading of the article you went for in the first place, an article that half the time isn’t even worth the time spent waiting for the page to load and in the end what do you find if not fear & hate?  Tragic.
This blog was started as a place for me to vent my frustrations into the world but I think we will be looking at a shift in the near future.  Sure, I will still sit down and type for a bit if I happen to feel the need to word rage but mostly I think it would be nice to explore some positive thoughts on how we can all work to make this world a better place.  I guess that means this will never be one of those ‘super easy 10K/mo from home blogs’ but that’s okay.  If I feel better and you feel better, that’s all I really care about anyway.

Much love everybody, JT Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment